Monday, September 15, 2014

Chicago Turkish Festival 2014

Hey you!

It all started with this video:



Since I saw it for the first time, I was crazy to be part of the trick and taste the curious orchid ice cream. That's how my search for dondurma has started. The bad thing is, even though Chicago is a big city with huge cultural diversity, I couldn't find any place that sells dondurma. Fortunately, I ended up finding out I could get dondurma during the Chicago Turkish Festival. YAY! And it would happen two months from the day I heard of it. \o/

By the end of August, when I was done with my summer project, I went on a very nice trip to the east coast. I've been to ten cities and couldn't find dondurma anywhere.

September has arrived and I finally got the chance to try dondurma. There wasn't any tricks, though. :/ But it tastes good, like vanilla, but sweeter. And it isn't chewy as I imagined. 


And this is my happy face after tasting dondurma for the first time
I didn't had the chance to try it a second time because they had ran out when I came back. But I had a lot of fun in the festival. If you wanna check it out, just play the video:


Macht’s gut, und danke für den Fisch!

No comments:

Post a Comment